Day 30 (of 31):
Question To Ask Yourself: Have you created your seven-step marketing plan yet?
So here we are on Day 30 of this marketing plan development post series. How is your progress coming along?
Your marketing plan should consist of basically seven components:
1. Understand market and competition – is there a need for what you sell?
2. Understand your customer – who are they, where are they, why will they buy, how do they buy?
3. Determine your precise target market / your niche. Where is your focus?
4. Develop your message. What’s your story?
5. How will you deliver the message? Networking? Direct mail? Paid advertising? Social media? Blogging? Others?
6. Goals – How many prospects do you need to touch? What is your close rate? How many sales do you need to meet your financial goals?
7. How will you pay for it? Setting your marketing budget high enough to reach enough viable prospects…
Pretty simple, yeah? Don’t over think your marketing plan. And the key to success? Process the plan in order from number one to seven. This is critical. One steps builds on the former…
What about you? Get started now.
Todd is planning his 2011 marketing attack. He is asking himself a series of hard questions, questions that will fine tune his go-to-market strategy. This December, Todd will share one question per day, hoping these questions help you too…