Here is an outline of my social media presentation at today’s workshop:
SOCIAL MEDIA – ASSUMPTIONS
- There is no clear definition.
- There are no clear cut rules.
- The learning NEVER stops.
- It works differently for each individual person and business.
- Gotta be part of the conversation/Connect and share.
SOCIAL MEDIA – GUIDELINES
- Networking Rules Apply.
- It’s NOT about YOU.
- Size doesn’t matter.
- Give value – ALWAYS!
- You DO need a strategy.
- It’s just one part of your marketing.
- Measure/Track results
SOCIAL MEDIA – YOUR GOALS
- Build community.
- Distribute Thought Leadership.
- Build BRAND.
- Build AWARENESS.
- Become known as an EXPERT.
- Get to know PROSPECTS.
- DEVELOP YOUR OWN PROCESS/SYSTEM!
SOCIAL MEDIA – BUSINESS APPLICATIONS
- Listen to the chatter (about you, your business, your industry, your competition)
- It’s just one of several touch points…moving the buying cycle along!
- Customer Feedback – build more LOYALTY?
- Market Research – Surveys/On-line polls
- Customer Hotline
- Improve the customer experience (both pre-purchase and post-purchase)
SOCIAL MEDIA – THE TOOLS
- Blogs (blog by thirds)
- Bookmarking Sites – Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, Technorati, Alltop