A pleasure to welcome David Meerman Scott to IntrepidTV. David is a consultant, speaker and best-selling author, and joined me on the show to discuss his latest book, Newsjacking: How To Inject Your Ideas Into A Breaking News Story And Generate Tons of Media Coverage.
Highlights from our conversation include:
1. What exactly is newsjacking, and why David wrote the book.
2. David talked about some examples of newsjacking, which include Larry Flynt and Rep. Weiner, Wynn Hotels and Paris Hilton, and Oakley sunglasses and the Chilean miners.
3. But more importantly, how do B2B organizations and small business folks like me newsjack? David explains…
4. What preparation do you need to newsjack? Do you need to have an established blog and loads of press contacts?
5. In addition to sharing some of the positive and negative reaction to the book, Davis discusses the unique strategy behind the books digital (and secret) release.
You can learn more about David Meerman Scott here, as well as puchase the book below (affiliate link):