1. I love people who park far away from the store’s front door. They do so to get a little exercise, and to get away from the idiots who bang up their car doors and wait 21 minutes for a parking spot 17 yards closer.
2. I love people who park on the top floor of a parking garage. They do so to get more exercise (again), and to be the only one who parks on the top level. Here, they are kings of the world.
3. I love people who write, compose, or paint…instead of watching reruns of Lost.
[And it is these same people who write the books and have successful blogs too...]
4. I love people who haul ass when the light turns green. They have a life to live and want to get to living it.
5. I love people who make a mess cooking real food. They eat healthier, and don’t consume McDonalds. They are the same people who also don’t complain that they are fat.
6. I love people who get out and volunteer for a candidate or cause they believe in. They are the ones not wasting time bitching on Facebook about the state of things.
7. I love people who achieve with what they’ve got right in front of them. They are the ones doing, and not sitting around waiting for a better mousetrap.
8. I love people exhausted at the end of the day. They have lived.
9. I love people who take the stairs when they work on the third floor. And quietly mock the dolts waiting for the elevator to take them 20 feet.
10. I love people who stare at failure and laugh in its face. They know they’ve learned more than you.
11. I love people who revel in collecting experiences. Not things.
12. I love people who are mindful of the world around them. Not people who are mindful of the world inside them.
13. I love people who aren’t afraid of the rain.
14. I love people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
15. I love people who are willing to make a fool of themselves.
16. I love people who know they are selling to humans, not to some record in a CRM database.
17. I love people who serve first, sell second.
18. I love people who see art all around them, not just hanging on a wall.
19. I love people willing to do it themselves, instead of waiting for someone else to do it for them.
20. I love people who hate lists, and instead of following someone else’s suggested path, blaze their own trails.
Want to be more intrepid in your life and business? Join us here.
Drawing by Hugh MacLeod.