The latest conversation in the Todd and Taja video series, with Taja Dockendorf, principal out of Pulp + Wire. Today, we turn the tables, and Taja leads the conversation about how she and I conduct the discovery process with our clients.
TODAY’S SHOW NOTES:
1. Taja and I discuss how each of us go through an initial discovery process with our respective clients, in order to get a sense of who they are, and what they want to become. And thus, how each of us can best serve them.
2. “Why are you in business? What is your purpose? What is your mission? What’s the story about you and your business?”
3. Both Taja and I attempt to spend time with the organization’s customers, in an attempt to get a sense of what our client’s brand means to them. From this, we can see where we need to go from there, whether that is a corrective measure, or if things are on the right track.
3.5. And frankly, if an organization can’t ask themselves – and their customers — these hard questions, they cannot improve and innovate over the long-term. We stress the importance of daily self-examination…
4. We both agree that an organization has to be willing to change. And that they have to be willing to put everything on the table, or the working relationship will most likely be unfruitful.
5. “Being human. And finding solutions.” The keys to success from Taja…
6. Once you know the “why” of your business, virtually everything else becomes so much simpler…
7. “How can we make your life easier?” This is the question EVERY business should ask of it’s customers…including Taja and myself.
8. And if you’ve made your customer’s life easier…word of mouth about you and your business becomes almost automatic.
9. And if your customer achieves that…then business becomes fun again…and worth getting up in the morning.
10. The importance of “the energy for success.”
11. You can find Taja here at Pulp + Wire.