Reading this via email? CLICK HERE to listen now!
A real pleasure to spend some time talking leadership development with Kevin Allen on today’s show. Kevin is a former ad man, best-selling author, and founder and chairman of Planet Jockey.
He joined me on today’s show to discuss his latest book, The Case of the Missing Cutlery: A Leadership Course for the Rising Star.
A few key discussion topics from today’s show:
1. Kevin tells the actual story of the missing cutlery, which sets the table for the whole book. And explains the importance of leadership.
2. For me, the first key lesson from the story is the power of stepping up and volunteering for difficult jobs and tasks, and how doing that very things plows the field for big things in your career.
3. Three, as you’ll learn from the story, “the manager” didn’t solve the problem…his people actually solved the problem, but real leadership created an environment where problem solving could flourish.
4. What it means to be a buoyant leader, and how to achieve it.
5. How Mayor Rudy Giuliani was a buoyant leader, and how that changed New York City forever.
6. The important of the “We Will” statement, and how JFK changed the world forever because of using one.
7. Why it matters to have real ambition.
8. Why you need to create a mental movie.
To learn more about the book, CLICK HERE!
You can find Kevin’s book here (affiliate link):
The Case of the Missing Cutlery
To hear from other intrepid souls like Kevin Allen, please SUBSCRIBE to my podcast on iTunes. And, leaving a review and customer rating would be appreciated as well!
This is episode 110.