But today, we got together to discuss Joshua’s new collection of short stories, Falling While Sitting Down, released this week. On the show, we discussed the following topics:
1. The differences in the creative process between non-fiction ad fiction.
2. Dealing with imperfections and how most, if not all, creatives deal with that reality. Joshua shares his lessons learned.
3. We discussed the motif and the theme of the collection, particularly in Joshua’s four pieces.
4. And we talked about the three individuals who also contributed a short story, one of which is a previous guest on this show. We also talked about what it was like to work with them.
5. Joshua shares some of the experiences learned from the book launch process: how social media, building community and demonstrating passion play an integral role.
6. Finally, we talk about his upcoming projects: a novel due out next year and a new ebook from The Minimalists.
You can learn more about Joshua Millburn here. You can purchase his new collection here: