You know that I feel we are all creatives.
I don’t mean we are all painters, musicians, or poets. I mean we are all problem-solvers and solutions-providers. Thus, we are creative.
This is why I was so pleased to welcome Austin Kleon to the show, to discuss his latest book, Steal Like An Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative.
On the show, Austin and I discussed the following topics:
1. Are we ALL creatives? [short answer: yes] And do the ten lessons of this book apply to entrepreneurs?
2. Stop romanticizing that only a genius is creative. You are too…
3. And perhaps, if you change your mindset, and view yourself as a creative, you might bring a whole new viewpoint to what otherwise is a mundane day job…
4. You need to steal like an artist. And why that is CRITICAL to executing your business plan.
5. “See the world as raw material for YOUR work.” [your job is to collect good ideas...]
6. Keep a note book. Keep a swipe file. Record your ideas and inspirations.
7. The importance of getting started. And why. “Inertia is the death of creativity.”
8. Write the book you want to read. Create the product you want to use. Because if you try to create for everyone else, creativity is thus hard. But you will find that the world is large enough, you will ultimately find an audience for your work…
You can learn more about the book here, and purchase it here (affiliate link):
[learn more about being creative with your business strategy by joining our list]